Optical Sensors are widely used for Medical and Industrial Applications. Optical spectrum data can be used to detect the presence or absence of chemicals in a sample, as well as the concentration of any detected substances. Optical sensors can also be used to measure mechanical elements such as stress / strain, temperature, pressure or distance. Fiberguide’s fibers and our expertise in building customer assemblies helps our customers overcome challenges in these areas.
- Medical: Laboratory Instruments used for new drug development or for analyzing patients’ fluid samples
- Industrial: Measuring the concentration of various chemicals in deposition processes such as semiconductor and solar panel manufacturing
- Structural: Stress / Strain gauges for bridges, tunnels, and pipelines
- Mechanical: Micro measurement systems and Laser Calipers
- Security: Vibration and pressure sensors for monitoring fences and perimeters