End Capped High Power Assemblies
Fiberguide’s end capped fiber optic assemblies allow the user to achieve higher coupled power into a fiber core by reducing the power density at the air/ silica interface, commonly the point of laser damage. End cap diameters and lengths are offered for select numerical apertures and fiber cores size, but can be easily customized for a variety of fiber types and specialized applications.
- Standard Fiber Type: Step Index Multimode Core Sizes, 50μm – 400μm Other fiber types (e.g., singlemode, graded index) available upon request.
- Wavelengths: 190nm – 1250nm (High OH) / 300nm – 2400nm (low OH)
- Standard Numerical Aperture: 0.20 or 0.22 Connector Options: High Power SMA, High Power FD-80
- Sheathing Options: PVC Coated Stainless Steel Monocoil, Bare Stainless Steel Monocoil
- Power Handling Capacity: Up to 3 kW, depending on fiber size and laser specifications
- Standard Temperature Range: -40°C to +100°C (-40°F to +212°F)
Features & Benefits
- End capped assemblies allow for much higher transmitted powers by reducing the power density to a level below the damage threshold
- Shaped endcap tips can be tailored to specific laser launch conditions and applications
- Fiberguide’s proprietary laser polishing process minimizes surface imperfections, and maximizes power handling
- High Power SMA and D-80 compatible connector options offer superior thermal management while minimizing connector stress for NA conservation
- Epoxy free cantilevered nose design (available in select versions) minimize laser and heat damage to surrounding materials